8 April 2015


United in the Ministry with my husband: 

I could only comprehend the beauty of this truth when I understood the following two facts:
  1. I am not to unite with my husband in his ministry – am I to unite with my husband in GOD’S MINISTRY! We are not co-stars with Christ but servants -called to humbly listen to the guiding voice of the Holy Spirit and carefully toil in the His vineyard. Only at the moment of this realisation did all the competitiveness, all the stress and all the fear of criticism disappear.
  2. In God’s ministry, I as the Pastor’s wife have my own calling. I prayed for it, I accepted it and I love it! I as the wife am not a little miniature clone of my husband. I do not have his personality, his strengths, his talents or even his weaknesses. As God has taken the time to create me with uniqueness, He has also issued a unique calling fitted to my personality, my strengths, my talents and even my weaknesses. What is amazing is the moment I as the wife accept my own call and stop mimicking my husband’s call; I stood astonished at what strength the Holy Spirit poured into our unity as husband and wife!
A Silent Prayer of a Pastor's Wife


No comments:

Post a Comment